The British Somali medical association (BSMA) is a voluntary, not-for-profit organisation created by, and for British Somali medics.
Founded in 2018, our objectives are to:
- Serve as a networking & mentoring platform for British Somali clinicians and medical students in the UK.
- Contribute to addressing the healthcare challenges facing the British Somali community through health education, health promotion and health advocacy.
- Support British Somali students who aspire to join the medical profession.
With over 200+ professional members, the BSMA has a bright future ahead of it, and the potential to make a significant contribution to society.
Since our inception we have:
- Organised and held social events and training sessions for UK based Somali medics.
- Successfully launched our Access2Medicine Programme across the UK.
- Established our Community Outreach Programme and held very well received Mental Health Awareness workshops for the UK Somali community.